Wednesday, October 5, 2011

unexpected changes

ok, i need to be brief here. The past few days have been very interesting. I´ve had a lot of fun working in the schools with the children. Though, the lodge we are staying at is a lot more isolated than I thought it was. I´ve met a few volunteers (there are only two others at the moment, one is leaving on Friday and we are getting two more on Wed.) and they are very nice. The organization and project are very disorganized and for that, I and the director(who has been here 5 weeks and originally commited to a year) have decided to commit to only the rest of October and then we may do some traveling together around the ecuador and possibly even outside of the country come November. I´m happy about the decision because this is just not what i expected at all. In the meantime, we are going to make the best of the situation and enjoy the children. I have to go now, but i´´ll try to get back to town this weekend and if not, next week.  

No comments:

Post a Comment