Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Ready for the Jungle!

Well, I'm getting ready to leave on Saturday for Arajuno, Ecuador. I can't wait!  I'll be working with an organization called youvolunteer, assisting volunteers with lesson planning, organizing and running adult ESL classes, and helping to translate between the children and volunteers (let's hope my Spanish is good enough for this!) I don't know anyone there and will be traveling alone, so I'm hoping and praying that I'll make it there safe and sound (I've been know to get lost in my day), and that I'll make lasting friendships with good people. This is my first leadership role abroad and I know It's going to stretch me but I feel ready and eager to grow and learn. This week, I'll be looking for some good books to bring along with me, if any of you have suggestions, let me know. I'm looking forward to sharing this experience with all of you!

1 comment:

  1. this adventure is going to be so good for you... im on the edge of my seat!!! i seriously and going to live through you on this adventure... SO MAKE IT GOOD! ;)

    ReplyDelete